Wednesday 3 February 2010

Let's Get This Going

Welcome to the first ever post on the Musical Scares blog!

Hopefully you'll soon be pawing at the screen in a junkie-like fashion, waiting for the latest news, reviews, ramblings and interviews, from the worlds of music, art, horror and more.

So, to get things started, here are the answers to just about every question you could have about Musical Scares and myself:

Q: Who are you anyway?

A: I'm a writer, did the writing not give it away? I live in Newcastle, a friendly city in the North East of England and home to Newcastle Brown Ale. I enjoy candlelit dinners (in castles) long romantic walks (around castles) and listening to / playing music (seriously, if someone has a castle, I'll be there in a shot, unless it doesn't have spires, then screw you, you spireless bastard).

Q: Are you slightly castle obsessed?

A: I just like castles is all! I blame just about every old horror film out there, I swear, according to those films you couldn't get moved for castles, they were like city centre pigeons but without the love for bread.

Q: Okay, enough castles, what's this blog all about?

A: To be honest it's just an excuse to write about everything I like and interview some cool people. Musical Scares will cover music including Punk, Hardcore, Metal and straight up Rock.

The blog will also cover art, essentially anything that tickles my fancy (and oh how it likes tickling) with features and interviews on a range of artists from a range of mediums, from painters to illustrators and sculptors to tattooists. Of course there's one more thing that'll be covered, the greatest form of cinema ever, Horror. This might stray now and then and the pretentious horror buffs will probably choke on their fake blood at some of the things that are featured, but I aim to cover anything that stands out, even if it just makes me laugh.

Q: So what's lined up for the blog?

A: Just like any good horror movie, I'm not going to break the suspense until the last minute, that and to keep you checking on my blog at all hours just in case I've added something that you just can't live without.

Q: Speaking of adding things, how often will the blog be updated?

A: The blog will be updated daily (roughly). This does not account for catastrophic computer failure, disinterest or the blog developing a demonic personality of its own, causing it to post messages of hate against old people, babies, old babies (ala Benjamin Button) and the dreaded 'Ginger One' from Girls Aloud.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully that clears everything up, thanks for reading and come back tomorrow for another harrowing installment of Musical Scares!

No comments:

Post a Comment