Saturday 19 March 2011

Surprisingly Good Bands

Trawling through the internet, I find out about a lot of pretty weird bands. When I say weird I don't mean experimental, though some of them are, I'm talking about the bands that just have such off the wall concepts that you're surprised anyone can pull it off.

Back before I moved down to London, my band up in Newcastle always had a bit of an Arnold Schwarzenegger fixation. Every moment at rehearsals that wasn't taken up by playing was filled by shouts of "Get to the chopper!" and “Do it!”.

We dreamed of the idea of an Arnie-themed band, little did we know, but that crafty bugger Tim Lambesis (of As I Lay Dying fame) had already beaten us to it.



Playing every instrument, and doing most of the vocals, Lambesis' Austrian Death Machine pays homage to everybody's favourite former governor / action hero. The only role not filled by Lambesis is that of Arnold, sorry, 'Ahhnold' himself, with Destroy the Runner's Chad Ackerman taking on impersonation duties:


Check out Austrian Death Machine on their website: http://www.austriandeathmachine.com/

All images / videos are property of Austrian Death Machine / Metal Blade Records

No comments:

Post a Comment